I am glad to receive or I am glad to have received?


If you receive emails from this person periodically and you are always glad to receive emails from this person. It refers to the future as well.
I am glad to receive your email (or an email from you).

If you received one email.
If you have already received an email, and are glad about that.
I am glad to have received your email.
I was glad to receive your email. I was glad then, when I received, but now it doesn’t seem to be so.




The same is with “get a quick/prompt response”
I am glad to get a prompt response from you.
I was glad to get a prompt response from you.
I am glad to have received a quick response from you.
I am glad that you responded quickly.
I'm glad for your quick response.
Thank you for responding so quickly!


If you want somebody to respond quickly, say:
 Thanks in advance for your quick response
or, formally, Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you.


When you will be looking forward to somebody’s email:
I’ll be looking forward to getting your email.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like